tirsdag 14. september 2010

Case 1

Drawing a character and developing an idea

In the first case my task was to draw a main character in flash and describe an idea for a platform game which is going to be finished after 6 cases.
I drew the main character as a fox. I tried to draw him (the fox) as simple as possible to make him possible to be animated in the next case.
My thoughts were that the player controls the fox and must retrieve missing puppies from a hunter before the timer expires. The player must navigate the fox through the obstacles he meets, avoid enemy “monsters” and collect the puppies in one level in order to proceed to the next.
 My idea was that in the first level there wouldn’t be any enemies, only puppies to collect around in the forest before the time runs out. But in the next level the player must avoid the hunters sleeping dog, collect the puppies and collect the key to the hunters cabin before the time runs out in order to be able to proceed. The last level would be inside the hunter’s cabin, where the player will have to avoid the hunter, collect the cage key and free the remaining puppies from the cage. If the player succeeds before the time is up, the game is won. If not, game over.
The player must use the arrow keys in order to move and spacebar to jump. If the character hits any enemies the level/the game is over and has to be reset to the beginning. I also thought about letting the character have a few “lives” that he loses if he hits enemies or timer runs out, but I’m not sure if it’s possible. It was also my thoughts that the player must jump in order to get up on for example logs in the forest or chairs in the cabin, if not, the fox will simply run past. I’m also going to let the timer to run out faster with each level. The hunter is also going to be moving around in the last level, stepping over the key that’s needed for the cage with the last puppies.
If this idea is doable is still uncertain, but I’ll give it a try. I’ll add a few sketches that show the ideas I have.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar